Pages

Stalled...

Thursday, October 6, 2011

I am having the hardest time making decisions lately!  I have done so many projects on a whim because I am so excited and I rush to get it done without thinking it through...leaving me disappointed in a month because I know how I should have done them differently.  I end up wasting so much time and money re-doing things it is ridiculous!  My poor husband must think I'm crazy!! 

I spray painted my bedroom dressers and my dining room table black right when we moved into our new house and I can't stand them ;-/  I must have been going through a Gothic period ha ha!  It's kind of like the year I planted tulips in the fall and once spring came I realized I had all planted all BLACK! They were quite beautiful, but a little color mixed in might have been a good idea...


I know what colors I am choosing for the bedroom dressers, but I cannot decide on what to do with my table...



I'm almost embarrassed to show the picture
 I am thinking of possibly painting it white distressed and staining the top a dark walnut?  Or I may try just roughing up the black a lot more? Or doing a walnut stain with the black?  Or something completely different!!  Who knows...any thoughts...

Maybe I'm just the type of person who has to try something out before I can decide whether or not I like it?  In fact I seem to do this all the time with my clothes too!  I love them in the store and then I go to put them on the next day and wonder what on Earth I was thinking!  Maybe I have a problem??

I am just so fearful of re-doing my table again to have to re-do it again :-)  Kind of like my chairs...
at least they turned out okay after the days of frustration {I guess that's all that matters in the end}.



Hopefully I can get my act together this week and just make a decision, stay tuned...

1 comments:

Mary said...

I'm just like you ... I have to see it to know if it looks good. I can't see it in my head, do it, and know it will turn out right. It's frustrating and it can be expensive too!

I like your blog by the way!

Post a Comment

It makes my day to read your sweet comments!